All ABC student scholars undergo a rigorous admissions process to become a part of the program.
- First, teachers, administrators, guidance counselors, ABC alumni, and other volunteers nationwide identify promising students and recommend that they look into the ABC Program. These students demonstrate both academic talent and strong motivation to succeed.
- Each candidate completes the application requirements of the national program, including multiple questionnaires and the SSAT or ISEE.
- Madison ABC then selects the students who best match and might benefit from the educational, cultural, and social opportunities our program has to offer.
- The top candidates are invited to come to Madison for a couple of days to interact with current ABC students, our resident staff, and the Madison ABC Selection Committee, and to visit Daniel Hand High School.
- The Selection Committee then makes the final decisions on which student or students are invited to participate in the Madison ABC program.
- For information on how to begin the application process, please visit the National A Better Chance website